The Motor Forum Forum Index The Motor Forum
"We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You fucking what?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Scouse
Turbocharged

My Car: Volvo XC60/Ford Fiesta/Jaguar XJ

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 3591


Location: Ormskirk, Lancashire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: You fucking what?  Reply with quote

Did I just hear the radio right? Citroen have an option of a camera that links to social media for their cars???? Fml
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PG
Nuclear

My Car: Jaaaag XFR; Shogun "truck"; Peugeot horse "van"

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 10156


Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you heard it right. There has even been a TV advert that featured it.

"You fucking what?" indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Michael
Nuclear

My Car: is vast.

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 10367


Location: On the hill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the forward facing camera will also save the previous 30 seconds of footage in the even of an accident.
I suppose that I don't get the point of the social media aspect gives me the comfort that I'm not their target market.
_________________
For office use only.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhilD
Nuclear

My Car: Fiat Grande Punto Sporting

Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15807



PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We often take selfies in the car so I don't see the problem here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Giant
Supercharged

My Car: It's an Astra. Zzz...

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 5645



PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilD wrote:
We often take selfies in the car.


At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man:

Why?  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Blue
Nuclear

My Car: Alpina B5 BiTurbo Touring Nr15 (The Gorilla); Yamaha R1 (the Black Whanger); The E46 323i With No Name

Joined: 01 Jan 2007
Posts: 10861


Location: SW1. Back where I belong.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giant wrote:
PhilD wrote:
We often take selfies in the car.


At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man:

Why?  


Live dogging feed...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhilD
Nuclear

My Car: Fiat Grande Punto Sporting

Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15807



PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giant wrote:
PhilD wrote:
We often take selfies in the car.


At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man:

Why?  


Because we like to capture interesting/important/fun/silly/etc moments in our lives, as people have been doing for over 100 years. Why is the car off limits?

Here's a favourite from a few years back which we are all in if you look closely.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blarno
Cheapskate Know-it-all

My Car: The Flying Glacier Mint

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 17038


Location: The Shores of Hell

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



Our one and only car selfie, from 2015.
_________________
Sphincteral Twitch: Debut EP "Disastrous Rectal Misfortune" work in progress.

Morbid Obesity: Debut album "Shallow Gravy" due...work in progress.

Spiderpuncher - A seedy trip into electro industrial madness.

Pathway - Punk. Loud. Probably crap.

Giant wrote:
Blarno is right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Giant
Supercharged

My Car: It's an Astra. Zzz...

Joined: 28 Aug 2007
Posts: 5645



PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhilD wrote:
Giant wrote:
PhilD wrote:
We often take selfies in the car.


At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man:

Why?  


Because we like to capture interesting/important/fun/silly/etc moments in our lives, as people have been doing for over 100 years. Why is the car off limits?

Here's a favourite from a few years back which we are all in if you look closely.



That is an absolutely superb photo, a great family portrait! Maybe my view of car selfies is skewed from dating sites, where it seems it's obligatory for women to have a dull car selfie with the equally obligatory and baffling duck face pout.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeN
The Motor, Singapore branch.

My Car: Toyota Prius
View My Motor: .

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 11309


Location: Singapore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I detest selfies. Because I often look like a prat in them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
TreVoR
Nuclear

My Car: Probably Broken

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 12589



PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMG_1298 by Mark Lee, on Flickr

Just for you lot.  Waiting for my mate Dave this morning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PhilD
Nuclear

My Car: Fiat Grande Punto Sporting

Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 15807



PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you recognise this man? If so call us on...


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mike Amos
Petrolhead

My Car: VW 1600 Variant type a 1972

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 2228


Location: Lat, 51.879671 N. Long, 2.067170 W

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giant wrote:
PhilD wrote:
Giant wrote:
PhilD wrote:
We often take selfies in the car.


At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old man:

Why?  


Because we like to capture interesting/important/fun/silly/etc moments in our lives, as people have been doing for over 100 years. Why is the car off limits?

Here's a favourite from a few years back which we are all in if you look closely.



That is an absolutely superb photo, a great family portrait! Maybe my view of car selfies is skewed from dating sites, where it seems it's obligatory for women to have a dull car selfie with the equally obligatory and baffling duck face pout.


Agreed, a brilliant composition, it should be printed to a decent size and put on a wall.
_________________
Time was, when being a normall human being was an assett.  Or is that just an ass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PG
Nuclear

My Car: Jaaaag XFR; Shogun "truck"; Peugeot horse "van"

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 10156


Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a great photo - the B&W one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stuntman
Twin-charged

My Car: M3 Saloon, Cayman S and GT4

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 8046


Location: Cheltenham

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuntman wrote:
I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.


Funnily enough, when I visited a couple of ears ago there was not a peep out of either of the girls! I suspect they may have been a teeny bit concerned at my accent . . .


. . . . wtf is he saying?!?!?!  
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Stuntman
Twin-charged

My Car: M3 Saloon, Cayman S and GT4

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 8046


Location: Cheltenham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.


Funnily enough, when I visited a couple of ears ago there was not a peep out of either of the girls! I suspect they may have been a teeny bit concerned at my accent . . .


. . . . wtf is he saying?!?!?!  


I'd get those ears tested if I were you  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuntman wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.


Funnily enough, when I visited a couple of ears ago there was not a peep out of either of the girls! I suspect they may have been a teeny bit concerned at my accent . . .


. . . . wtf is he saying?!?!?!  


I'd get those ears tested if I were you  


Just had a quick look in the mirror; still there, big as ever!!  
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tim
Nuclear

My Car: is multiplying

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 13134


Location: Over the rainbow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.


Funnily enough, when I visited a couple of ears ago there was not a peep out of either of the girls! I suspect they may have been a teeny bit concerned at my accent . . .


. . . . wtf is he saying?!?!?!  


I'd get those ears tested if I were you  


Just had a quick look in the mirror; still there, big as ever!!  


I can see them from Dundee!!  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
Boxer6 wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
I like Blarno's family selfie as well.  You can almost hear the laughter and banter.


Funnily enough, when I visited a couple of ears ago there was not a peep out of either of the girls! I suspect they may have been a teeny bit concerned at my accent . . .


. . . . wtf is he saying?!?!?!  


I'd get those ears tested if I were you  


Just had a quick look in the mirror; still there, big as ever!!  


I can see them from Dundee!!  


Not wi' my tammy on you can't!      


_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum