The Motor Forum Forum Index The Motor Forum
"We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   Join! (free) Join! (free)
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All the sevens...
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Your Motor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Blarno
Cheapskate Know-it-all

My Car: The Flying Glacier Mint

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 17038


Location: The Shores of Hell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:  Reply with quote

I'm already past 181920 anyway.
_________________
Sphincteral Twitch: Debut EP "Disastrous Rectal Misfortune" work in progress.

Morbid Obesity: Debut album "Shallow Gravy" due...work in progress.

Spiderpuncher - A seedy trip into electro industrial madness.

Pathway - Punk. Loud. Probably crap.

Giant wrote:
Blarno is right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I could have reset the trip 0.1 mile earlier....but I did do a loop around the petrol station I'd stopped at to take a safe pic in orde to get 355.3!



That's 10,000 miles in 2 days short of 5 months, which is a fair bit less than I'd expected to do.  I though it would have been 13,000+ by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blarno
Cheapskate Know-it-all

My Car: The Flying Glacier Mint

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 17038


Location: The Shores of Hell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

39.1 mpg?! That's impressive give the power available.
_________________
Sphincteral Twitch: Debut EP "Disastrous Rectal Misfortune" work in progress.

Morbid Obesity: Debut album "Shallow Gravy" due...work in progress.

Spiderpuncher - A seedy trip into electro industrial madness.

Pathway - Punk. Loud. Probably crap.

Giant wrote:
Blarno is right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the average on the tank so far (355 miles) and is that high because of the really slow / heavy traffic run to Swindon and back on Friday when is was up at 42.somethgin.  Today's round trip was much better, so the mpg down at 36.8, which is still pretty impressive.  Even more so as I was running with a current shape M5 for some of the time!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonp
Supercharged

My Car: is silver again

Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 7063


Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the 8s, too, having recently noticed I'm at nearly 9K miles...
_________________
Washed it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris M Wanted a V-10
Supercharged

My Car: C-Max'D, CapturD and GOK the Wok

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 7160


Location: Captur'd by 1 5UMO near Camberley. Forum F1 champ 2011 and 2015

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting shot above.... you have start-stop on an auto?  The Captur doesn't, only manual cars have it.  Does start-stop work in "D" or only if you move the lever to "N" or "P" when stopped?
_________________
Wanted a V-10 ; settled for half a V-6
October 2012:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it has start/stop, as do a lot of (most?) Autos.   The engine shuts down when you come to a stop (in D) and it restarts when you take your foot off the brake or press the accelerator if you're using Auto Hold.  Stop/start doesn't activate if you're in Sport mode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alf McQueef
Supercharged

My Car: XFR / C Max 1.6T Ti

Joined: 05 Jan 2007
Posts: 6827


Location: Winchester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
That's an interesting shot above.... you have start-stop on an auto?  The Captur doesn't, only manual cars have it.  Does start-stop work in "D" or only if you move the lever to "N" or "P" when stopped?


In the new shape 3 series loaner I had a while back, the stop/start only worked if you left the gearbox in D and sat burning out your rear brake lights and the retinas of the person behind. Do the right thing, and put it in park, and start stop did not work. Seemed utterly cretinous to me!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You put yours in Park when you're at the lights?  I use Auto Hold most of the time, which means I don't have to sit with my foot on the brake, but it does keep the brake lights on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gooner
Twin-charged

My Car: Insignia low tax special and Fiat Panda Eleganza

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 8923


Location: here, there and every bloody where!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
You put yours in Park when you're at the lights?  I use Auto Hold most of the time, which means I don't have to sit with my foot on the brake, but it does keep the brake lights on.


Tbh it doesn't bother me if the car in front has it's brake lights on. With the amount of auto cars on the road increasing it's becoming more common.
_________________


- Insert clever and/or amusing quote here -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonp
Supercharged

My Car: is silver again

Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 7063


Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care about sitting with my foot on the brake, as the dick behind will have most likely been tailgating me or have their fog lights on!
_________________
Washed it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris M Wanted a V-10
Supercharged

My Car: C-Max'D, CapturD and GOK the Wok

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 7160


Location: Captur'd by 1 5UMO near Camberley. Forum F1 champ 2011 and 2015

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
You put yours in Park when you're at the lights?  I use Auto Hold most of the time, which means I don't have to sit with my foot on the brake, but it does keep the brake lights on.

The space between Captur's gear lever and handbrake is just right for my hands; the lever slips between "D" and "N" both ways without having to press the detent lever or the footbrake, so when coming to rest it's so easy for me to push the lever into "N" with one finger whilst applying the handbrake with the rest of my fingers and thumb (of my left hand only!). When setting off, it's the opposite - release the handbrake and slide the lever back one stop into "D" all in one swift movement.... all this without blinding the driver behind with red brake lights
_________________
Wanted a V-10 ; settled for half a V-6
October 2012:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Frank Bullitt
Nuclear

My Car: .
View My Motor: .

Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 12848



PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooner wrote:
Martin wrote:
You put yours in Park when you're at the lights?  I use Auto Hold most of the time, which means I don't have to sit with my foot on the brake, but it does keep the brake lights on.


Tbh it doesn't bother me if the car in front has it's brake lights on. With the amount of auto cars on the road increasing it's becoming more common.


Ordinarily I'd agree, but the other week I was misfortuned to be sat behind an A7 in traffic and had to look down at the dash as the tail lights were genuinely hurting my eyes - luckily, I didn't need to look up as when the warmth akin to a Mediterranean summers day came to an end, they had moved off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The A7 has amazingly bright brake lights.  I was following one a few months back and the driver was braking (unnecessarily) every few seconds and my eyes were burning!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnC
Supercharged

My Car: 435D Coupe

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5098


Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
You put yours in Park when you're at the lights?  I use Auto Hold most of the time, which means I don't have to sit with my foot on the brake, but it does keep the brake lights on.


What is Auto Hold? Is that a 5 series only extra or have I just not found that function yet?  EDIT: I should say that I still have an old fashioned handbrake for which I am grateful.

Also, my mpg display is just above the cars mileometer rather than being at the bottom of the speedo - is that something you can configure or is it just a difference between models? I have the full black panel on mine.
_________________
Every man is the architect of his own future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auto hold isn't on the 3/4 series because they don't have an electronic handbrake.   Having it switched on means you never have to press the handbrake button.  It releases it when you drive off, holds the car when you come to a stop, then applies the handbrake and puts the gearbox into Park when you turn the engine off.  That's why I don't understand why some people don't like electronic handbrakes, it's hard not to like something you never use!

The full black panel on the 3 series isn't really what it says it is, it's same as the partial black panel that used to be standard on the 5 series.  On mine, the whole display goes black when you turn the ignition off and the LCD display covers the area under both dials, including the bottom section of the chrome rings.   On the 3/4 series it's just the area under the rev counter and central display.   I can configure the display to show what I want, including which info is displayed when I scroll through the OBC (so I can exclude the date for example).   As you can see, it also includes the range in a bar format as well as the actual number being available in the OBC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
Auto hold isn't on the 3/4 series because they don't have an electronic handbrake.   Having it switched on means you never have to press the handbrake button.  It releases it when you drive off, holds the car when you come to a stop, then applies the handbrake and puts the gearbox into Park when you turn the engine off.  That's why I don't understand why some people don't like electronic handbrakes, it's hard not to like something you never use!

The full black panel on the 3 series isn't really what it says it is, it's same as the partial black panel that used to be standard on the 5 series.  On mine, the whole display goes black when you turn the ignition off and the LCD display covers the area under both dials, including the bottom section of the chrome rings.   On the 3/4 series it's just the area under the rev counter and central display.   I can configure the display to show what I want, including which info is displayed when I scroll through the OBC (so I can exclude the date for example).   As you can see, it also includes the range in a bar format as well as the actual number being available in the OBC.


Because if you own a Land Rover, it doesn't always work!!!    
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That doesn't really surprise me, but the concept isn't the issue!   I've only had two electronic handbrakes (Passat and 535d), but have never had an issue with it not working.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PG
Nuclear

My Car: Jaaaag XFR; Shogun "truck"; Peugeot horse "van"

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 10156


Location: Shropshire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the BMW auto-hold like the Merc set up (which I discovered by accident)? In the Merc S class (auto) when you came to a stop with your foot on the brake, the stop-start worked. But if you then pushed the brake pedal firmly when stationary, "hold function" came on. Stayed in stop-start, could take all feet off pedals and I think the rear brake lights turned off. Then, if you touched the accelerator, it all released.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PG wrote:
Is the BMW auto-hold like the Merc set up (which I discovered by accident)? In the Merc S class (auto) when you came to a stop with your foot on the brake, the stop-start worked. But if you then pushed the brake pedal firmly when stationary, "hold function" came on. Stayed in stop-start, could take all feet off pedals and I think the rear brake lights turned off. Then, if you touched the accelerator, it all released.


Yes, very similar, the only difference being you don't have to press the pedal harder.  Mercedes have had that system for a while, it was on my Dads original E Class (2005) which had a normal handbrake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TreVoR
Nuclear

My Car: Probably Broken

Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 12589



PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My E500 had it - it left the brake lights on though. E-classes don't have a handbrake!  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnC
Supercharged

My Car: 435D Coupe

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5098


Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:

  I can configure the display to show what I want, including which info is displayed when I scroll through the OBC (so I can exclude the date for example).  


I can do that as well but I really haven't spent the time getting in to all the functions to see what else it can do.
One thing that annoys me is that when I am using the satnav and I have the display between the two dials showing arrows of where I am going, it takes away my time, mpg, average speed etc display. I was just thinking that it would be much more useful if I could display it elsewhere. I will have a play when I get the time.

My inherent dislike of the electronic handbrake also comes from hearing of plenty of horror stories from Land/Range Rover owners but I am sure that I would come to appreciate and enjoy it if I had it and it worked as well as the comfort access etc
_________________
Every man is the architect of his own future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TreVoR wrote:
My E500 had it - it left the brake lights on though. E-classes don't have a handbrake!  


It does, but you apply it with your foot!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnC wrote:
Martin wrote:

  I can configure the display to show what I want, including which info is displayed when I scroll through the OBC (so I can exclude the date for example).  


I can do that as well but I really haven't spent the time getting in to all the functions to see what else it can do.
One thing that annoys me is that when I am using the satnav and I have the display between the two dials showing arrows of where I am going, it takes away my time, mpg, average speed etc display. I was just thinking that it would be much more useful if I could display it elsewhere. I will have a play when I get the time.

My inherent dislike of the electronic handbrake also comes from hearing of plenty of horror stories from Land/Range Rover owners but I am sure that I would come to appreciate and enjoy it if I had it and it worked as well as the comfort access etc


I'm sure you would as it's very similar, in so much as its difficult to appreciate the benefit until you're used to having it.

Because of the extended screen, the sat nav display only blocks out the total and trip mileage numbers on mine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
That doesn't really surprise me, but the concept isn't the issue!   I've only had two electronic handbrakes (Passat and 535d), but have never had an issue with it not working.


On Herself's Disco3, the electronic hanadbrake was operated by a switch known by LR techs as the "sandwich switch", because so many got clogged up with tiny bits of bread/biscuit/dirt crumbs. On her current '4, the switch is shrouded to prevent that, but has already "ceased to function" once (by not releasing the brakes properly) and seems to be heading the same way again!
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnC
Supercharged

My Car: 435D Coupe

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5098


Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
JohnC wrote:
Martin wrote:

  I can configure the display to show what I want, including which info is displayed when I scroll through the OBC (so I can exclude the date for example).  


I can do that as well but I really haven't spent the time getting in to all the functions to see what else it can do.
One thing that annoys me is that when I am using the satnav and I have the display between the two dials showing arrows of where I am going, it takes away my time, mpg, average speed etc display. I was just thinking that it would be much more useful if I could display it elsewhere. I will have a play when I get the time.

My inherent dislike of the electronic handbrake also comes from hearing of plenty of horror stories from Land/Range Rover owners but I am sure that I would come to appreciate and enjoy it if I had it and it worked as well as the comfort access etc


I'm sure you would as it's very similar, in so much as its difficult to appreciate the benefit until you're used to having it.

Because of the extended screen, the sat nav display only blocks out the total and trip mileage numbers on mine.


I have just been out in the car and you're right, the bottom part of the speedo  cannot be made part of the display despite there being nothing there - that's a bit stupid when they obviously have the software. Ah well, you live and learn and in comparison to my old car, it has about 10 times the computing and display powers.
_________________
Every man is the architect of his own future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a software thing, there isn't a screen in that part of the dash.

This is a comparison between the partial and full black panel displays on the 5 series, with the partial display (on the left) being pretty much the same as what you have.



This shows the size of the screen on the F30

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0EtQhmaGjZ4/maxresdefault.jpg

This is what mine looks like switched off

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/...674280&stc=1&d=1334278457


Last edited by Martin on Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnC
Supercharged

My Car: 435D Coupe

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5098


Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin.

Every day's a school day!
_________________
Every man is the architect of his own future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JohnC
Supercharged

My Car: 435D Coupe

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 5098


Location: Scotland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I agree. But I think you could have gone for a Phd
_________________
Every man is the architect of his own future.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have certainly fared better if BMW specification and equipment was on the curriculum!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadsterstu
Nuclear

My Car: threelitreturbosixallwheeldrive

Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 12728


Location: Over there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin wrote:
I would have certainly fared better if BMW specification and equipment was on the curriculum!


There wouldn't be enough qualifications! If I ever need to know about anything BMW I know where to come!!!
_________________
T6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadsterstu wrote:
Martin wrote:
I would have certainly fared better if BMW specification and equipment was on the curriculum!


There wouldn't be enough qualifications! If I ever need to know about anything BMW I know where to come!!!


You do and I'd be happy to help!  
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadsterstu
Nuclear

My Car: threelitreturbosixallwheeldrive

Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 12728


Location: Over there.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
T6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gooner
Twin-charged

My Car: Insignia low tax special and Fiat Panda Eleganza

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 8923


Location: here, there and every bloody where!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Managed all the 4s today.



_________________


- Insert clever and/or amusing quote here -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooner wrote:
Managed all the 4s today.




Excellent work! I'm sure we'd let you off with a walking pace shot for the sixth 4!
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonp
Supercharged

My Car: is silver again

Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 7063


Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris M Wanted a V-10
Supercharged

My Car: C-Max'D, CapturD and GOK the Wok

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 7160


Location: Captur'd by 1 5UMO near Camberley. Forum F1 champ 2011 and 2015

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little tricky to take but 5555 miles came up on the Ka today 1 mile after parking in town; semi-symmetrical at 12:12

_________________
Wanted a V-10 ; settled for half a V-6
October 2012:


Last edited by Chris M Wanted a V-10 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
gooner
Twin-charged

My Car: Insignia low tax special and Fiat Panda Eleganza

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 8923


Location: here, there and every bloody where!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, as you were moving, you had someone else take that photo  
_________________


- Insert clever and/or amusing quote here -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chris M Wanted a V-10
Supercharged

My Car: C-Max'D, CapturD and GOK the Wok

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 7160


Location: Captur'd by 1 5UMO near Camberley. Forum F1 champ 2011 and 2015

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another minor milestone this evening

_________________
Wanted a V-10 ; settled for half a V-6
October 2012:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hit another milestone on Saturday.  I didn't get a nice number sequence again, but did wait until it got to 25.0.

I'm someway behind my expected mileage.  After 10 months I thought I'd have been on 25k, but my business mileage has reduced significantly as I spend nearly every day in the office now.



Instant mpg reading this time, with the cruise set to 50mph.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blarno
Cheapskate Know-it-all

My Car: The Flying Glacier Mint

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 17038


Location: The Shores of Hell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



No sign of any imminent failure....
_________________
Sphincteral Twitch: Debut EP "Disastrous Rectal Misfortune" work in progress.

Morbid Obesity: Debut album "Shallow Gravy" due...work in progress.

Spiderpuncher - A seedy trip into electro industrial madness.

Pathway - Punk. Loud. Probably crap.

Giant wrote:
Blarno is right
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gooner
Twin-charged

My Car: Insignia low tax special and Fiat Panda Eleganza

Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 8923


Location: here, there and every bloody where!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just missed 55555 last week as I was too busy bombing down the m6 to notice. Will try harder with 66666.
_________________


- Insert clever and/or amusing quote here -
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
simonp
Supercharged

My Car: is silver again

Joined: 14 Aug 2007
Posts: 7063


Location: Wiltshire

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed 7777 because the odometer is hidden unless you specifically select it.
_________________
Washed it!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadrunner
Turbocharged

My Car: Mercedes-Benz E320 cdi Sport Estate, MINI Cooper Clubman, 1932 Standard Big 9.

Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 4711


Location: Somewhere near a herd of cows

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an impressive number on the Postbox.


Our MINI will be on 44,444 in a couple of months, so I shall have to look out for that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boxer6
Twin-charged

My Car: Subaru Legacy Spec B.

Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 9172


Location: The dark recesses of my mind......

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From last Sunday; forgot to post it, what with one thing or another!



Must apologise about the fuzziness of the image; point & shoot Panasonic really doesn't like shooting this for some reason.
_________________
I'll wait up in the dark

For you to speak to me . . .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clicked over 25,000 miles today, with a week to go before its first Birthday.  That's about 5,000 less than I expected to do, but I'm happy with that.  I didn't mean to reset the trip, did it by accident when pressed the trip button to temporarily clear the junction view to see if it had clicked over.....

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadsterstu
Nuclear

My Car: threelitreturbosixallwheeldrive

Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 12728


Location: Over there.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The yellow and orange is very reminiscent  of late 90's Peugeots.














 
_________________
T6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Frank Bullitt
Nuclear

My Car: .
View My Motor: .

Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 12848



PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roadsterstu wrote:
The yellow and orange is very reminiscent  of late 90's Peugeots.














 
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Martin
Nuclear

My Car: BMW 535d M Sport & Boxster 987.2

Joined: 22 Dec 2006
Posts: 14425


Location: Higham Ferrers

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



I hadn't thought about that!

I do prefer the white of day mode, but orange night lighting is how it's always been for BMW isn't it?  You can choose between orange and white for the interior lighting (bottom of the trim strips, door bins, console lighting etc) and selecting classic gives you orange, modern is white.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roadsterstu
Nuclear

My Car: threelitreturbosixallwheeldrive

Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 12728


Location: Over there.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the BMW dark orange.


_________________
T6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Your Motor All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum