Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General
Grampa

You know you're getting old when...

...you're asked to play Santa!

quite a challenge when it's for pre-school age too.
JohnC

Does Santa need to get all his background checks done before he is allowed to take on his job!
Chris M Wanted a V-10

My late dad got to play at being Santa a few times in the recent past; my brother is a teacher and at the schools where he has worked, they needed someone who would not be recognised to be Santa for the young children. He used to enjoy it.
Just thinking about it brings a lump to the eye and a tear to the throat, as Spike Milligan used to say
PhilD

JohnC wrote:
Does Santa need to get all his background checks done before he is allowed to take on his job!


Not sure John but I know they need to undertake an elf & safety assessment.
Humphrey The Pug

Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
My late dad got to play at being Santa a few times in the recent past; my brother is a teacher and at the schools where he has worked, they needed someone who would not be recognised to be Santa for the young children. He used to enjoy it.
Just thinking about it brings a lump to the eye and a tear to the throat, as Spike Milligan used to say


My late dad played Santa too for quite a few local schools and even my wife's nursery, one of the wife's friends said to me a few days ago that she missed him not doing it anymore, brought a tear to my eye too when she said that.

He did it for years and absolutely loved doing it.
Michael

PhilD wrote:
JohnC wrote:
Does Santa need to get all his background checks done before he is allowed to take on his job!


Not sure John but I know they need to undertake an elf & safety assessment.


That's a cracker.
Grampa

PhilD wrote:
JohnC wrote:
Does Santa need to get all his background checks done before he is allowed to take on his job!


Not sure John but I know they need to undertake an elf & safety assessment.


scamper

I got asked/volunteered for Santa at our eldest's school fete this year - no background checks I was aware of, so made sure I was stinking of scotch . Put a bit of effort in before hand ie thought of all the tricky questions I could get asked by the kids and memorised all 9 bloody reindeer's names.

Hard work, but It was actually good fun with some laugh out loud banter with the parents, or more a ho! ho! ho!.  Unfortunately I seem to have landed the gig for the next 3 years.

My eldest said "mummy, that was daddy wasn't it, I could tell by his (obviously poorly disquised) voice and he knew too much about me".  By the time I got home he seemed to have been persuaded it wasn't!
PhilD

Back to the OP from my recent experience age nor gender are important!
Chris M Wanted a V-10

scamper wrote:
and memorised all 9 bloody reindeer's names.

When we first got the internet at home, many years ago now, it was just before Christmas.  Younger daughter asked what Santa's reindeer were called so one of the first tasks that our internet connection was put through was to find their names.  They have stuck in my memory ever since !
PG

Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
scamper wrote:
and memorised all 9 bloody reindeer's names.

When we first got the internet at home, many years ago now, it was just before Christmas.  Younger daughter asked what Santa's reindeer were called so one of the first tasks that our internet connection was put through was to find their names.  They have stuck in my memory ever since !



OK, Chris. No cheating....over to you.
Chris M Wanted a V-10

Prancer, Dancer, Dasher
Comet, Cupid, Vixen

Donner und Blitzen



and not forgetting Rudolph !
PG

Impressive!
Chris M Wanted a V-10

Fairly simple to remember, really:

The 3 "R's" (actually ER's - endings of the names),
followed by the electrical store where Santa used to buy before it went bankrupt, his "CV", the two German named ones (Thunder and Lightning IIRC) and the red nosed one
Nelson

...when you go shopping for a cardi

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum