Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Michael

Vauxhall Crossland X



http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news...revealed-new-renault-captur-rival
PG

It's LHD and on UK plates. Fucking marketing muppets!

It looks like a giant Adam. And that's not a good thing. Mind you, I read it is a replacement for the Meriva, so anything at all would be an improvement.  
Bob Sacamano

PG wrote:
It's LHD and on UK plates. Fucking marketing muppets!

It looks like a giant Adam. And that's not a good thing. Mind you, I read it is a replacement for the Meriva, so anything at all would be an improvement.  


I blame Brexit.

But they do look happy.
Stuntman

It isn't the most attractive piece of design but it's quite interesting-looking and not terrible.  Not my cup of tea but can see why it might do quite well in its sector.
Racing Teatray

Sounds American. Like it should have a spare wheel hidden in a hump on the bootlid and retracting headlight covers.

Or is that just me...?
Blarno

Autocar's Photoshop team need shooting.

I'm cack handed and have the eyes of a very blind thing and even I can see that is badly cobbled together.
Michael

Blarno wrote:
Autocar's Photoshop team need shooting.


And yet that is the production model.
PhilD

Stuntman wrote:
Not my cup of tea but can see why it might do quite well in its sector.


That sector being "those with more active lifestyles"?

The fact that Autocar doesn't call out this bullshit is one of the main reasons I stopped buying it.
Michael

PhilD wrote:

That sector being "those with more active lifestyles"?


The pensioners who still go crown green bowling as opposed to the pensioners who watch it.
Nice Guy Eddie

Looks like an uglier Captur. Far too many lines and design details. Someone needs to tell Vauxhall that the pram roof design really doesn't work.
Bob Sacamano

PhilD wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
Not my cup of tea but can see why it might do quite well in its sector.


That sector being "those with more active lifestyles"?

The fact that Autocar doesn't call out this bullshit is one of the main reasons I stopped buying it.


Just because you don't have an Active Lifestyle like the rest of us doesn't mean you have to knock it. There are plenty of vehicles for those with a Sedentary Lifestyle.
BeN

That doesn't look too bad to me. I mean, the front is a bit abrupt with the vertical nose, but the rest of it seems alright.
PhilD

Bob Sacamano wrote:
PhilD wrote:
Stuntman wrote:
Not my cup of tea but can see why it might do quite well in its sector.


That sector being "those with more active lifestyles"?

The fact that Autocar doesn't call out this bullshit is one of the main reasons I stopped buying it.


Just because you don't have an Active Lifestyle like the rest of us doesn't mean you have to knock it. There are plenty of vehicles for those with a Sedentary Lifestyle.


Hopefully yours will come with a James Bonds style defibrillator in the glove compartment Bob.
Michael

Nice Guy Eddie wrote:
Someone needs to tell Vauxhall that the pram roof design really doesn't work.


I knew I'd seen that feature someplace before. A styling device that may be too close to comfort for the intended market:

PG

Michael wrote:
Nice Guy Eddie wrote:
Someone needs to tell Vauxhall that the pram roof design really doesn't work.


I knew I'd seen that feature someplace before. A styling device that may be too close to comfort for the intended market:



 
Giant

Gifferwagon ahoy!

This is virtually the same size as the Mokka, not the Qashqai rivalling Astra sized SUV suggested in previews. How big is the niche for those who want a small high riding Vauxhall, but for whom the Mokka is just too cool for?!
Frank Bullitt

PG wrote:
Michael wrote:
Nice Guy Eddie wrote:
Someone needs to tell Vauxhall that the pram roof design really doesn't work.


I knew I'd seen that feature someplace before. A styling device that may be too close to comfort for the intended market:



 


spot on

It looks like a small MPV on a Crossover chassis, a bit dogs-dinner to me
Humphrey The Pug

I'm confused, the blurb says it will go up against Captur and 2008, what's the Mokka for then or is this the Mokka's replacement?

Anyway,  there are far too many lines and differing design diections going on, it's a bit too fussy and a mess.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...
Chris M Wanted a V-10

I think it's the Vauxhall version of this:
http://themotor.myfastforum.org/about23419.html

 photo 2016-11 Opel X-series small_zpszjojf720.jpg
Frank Bullitt

Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...


I like the Mokka
PhilD

Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
I think it's the Vauxhall version of this:
http://themotor.myfastforum.org/about23419.html

 photo 2016-11 Opel X-series small_zpszjojf720.jpg


Vauxhall redesigned it after Blarno's stinging criticism.
PG

Humphrey The Pug wrote:
I'm confused, the blurb says it will go up against Captur and 2008, what's the Mokka for then or is this the Mokka's replacement?.


Somewhere in the Autotrader article (or another one I read online) it seems that GM were committed to this vehicle through the PSA/GM tie up, as it is really just a rehashed 3008. And the new 3008 is way bigger than the old one, so this is probably why it is too large for what it is supposed to be.
Chris M Wanted a V-10

.... and IMHO it looks far worse than the new 3008 too
Blarno

Michael wrote:
Blarno wrote:
Autocar's Photoshop team need shooting.


And yet that is the production model.


Really?

The shadows on the door handles and side repeater look way off. The lighting on the woman's face is odd and both front and rear wheels are in exactly the same place in rotation and the discs/calipers are identical front and rear.

Not that it matters, it'll blend in with every other lifestyle (vomit) jacked up hatchback.
Giant

PG wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
I'm confused, the blurb says it will go up against Captur and 2008, what's the Mokka for then or is this the Mokka's replacement?.


Somewhere in the Autotrader article (or another one I read online) it seems that GM were committed to this vehicle through the PSA/GM tie up, as it is really just a rehashed 3008. And the new 3008 is way bigger than the old one, so this is probably why it is too large for what it is supposed to be.


This is 2008 based and therefore sized. No idea why GM committed to that tie up and also did the Mokka independently. The Grandland will be the qashqai/3008 rival, and is presumably what the Auto Express image Chris posted is meant to be given its Astra inspired styling. No idea if it'll be 3008 based.
Chris M Wanted a V-10

Blarno wrote:
Really?

The shadows on the door handles and side repeater look way off. The lighting on the woman's face is odd and both front and rear wheels are in exactly the same place in rotation and the discs/calipers are identical front and rear.

I'll almost guarantee that it's a static studio shot and has been photoshopped to blur the wheels/tyres and background/roaadway
Andy C

Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...


You could also add all the other jacked up zzzzzz mobiles to that too
Humphrey The Pug

Andy C wrote:
Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...


You could also add all the other jacked up zzzzzz mobiles to that too


I like them, they offer more space and flexibility than the equivalent hatchback, but take up a similar amount of road space.
Grampa

Humphrey The Pug wrote:
Andy C wrote:
Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...


You could also add all the other jacked up zzzzzz mobiles to that too


I like them, they offer more space and flexibility than the equivalent hatchback, but take up a similar amount of road space.


I'd have thought the best reason for you to like them would be the way buyers rush to get them!

The car in question is not my kind of thing, but I'm sure the Vauxhall dealers will be delighted with it.
Tim

Humphrey The Pug wrote:

Anyway,  there are far too many lines and differing design diections going on, it's a bit too fussy and a mess.


I was behind a silver BMW X4 at some lights last night and that's an atrocious dogs dinner of randomly conflicting lines and swoops.
Being silver obviously didn't help.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...

I like the Mokka

I can't imagine feeling any emotion towards it whatsoever. It's like saying you like your boiler or your thermostat.
Roadsterstu

Blarno wrote:
Michael wrote:
Blarno wrote:
Autocar's Photoshop team need shooting.


And yet that is the production model.


Really?

The shadows on the door handles and side repeater look way off. The lighting on the woman's face is odd and both front and rear wheels are in exactly the same place in rotation and the discs/calipers are identical front and rear.

Not that it matters, it'll blend in with every other lifestyle (vomit) jacked up hatchback.


It's not the lighting on her face that looks odd. It's her face. She looks like The Joker.
Chris M Wanted a V-10

Was reading somewhere last night that the Mokka X and Crossland X are almost identical in size, but the Mokka X is offered with the option of AWD whereas the Crossland X will only be FWD.  How on earth did this get past the Product Planners?

Oh, and if you look at the autocar website and the other photos of the Crossland X, you can see the background used in the "blurred motion" shot at the top of this thread, confirming my suspicion that it's a photoshopped static shot.  As to the "woman's" face, I hope I don't ever come across her in the dark.........
Blarno

I've been in a Mokka. It was a lump of 'car'.
Grampa

Blarno wrote:
I've been in a Mokka. It was a lump of 'car'.


That's the way I think of them too, but judging by the number on the road (one next door but one - bought after going to look at an Astra GTC!) a lot of people like them.
Frank Bullitt

Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
... what's the Mokka for then ...

Well now, there's the real question ...

I like the Mokka

I can't imagine feeling any emotion towards it whatsoever. It's like saying you like your boiler or your thermostat.


Don't worry, I'm not planning to dry-hump one.
BeN

I've never liked the Mokka. It always looked very 'squashed' to me.
Chris M Wanted a V-10

I saw the latest AutoExpress in Sainsburys on my way home this evening. Front cover has the photo at the top of this thread on it, except that the woman has been edited out !  Just the bloke driving the LHD vehicle
PhilD

She left him.
DetmoldDick

BeN wrote:
I've never liked the Mokka. It always looked very 'squashed' to me.

It's not my cup of tea either.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

DetmoldDick wrote:
BeN wrote:
I've never liked the Mokka. It always looked very 'squashed' to me.

It's not my cup of tea either.

Rather have a Leon Cuppa
Chris M Wanted a V-10

One of us on here would rather have a Tea 6
simonp

So, are the white Vauxhall and red Opel the same model or two different ones?
Giant

The red opel is an Auto Express image (therefore probably has no basis in reality) of the bigger model (the Grandland X) due later this year.
Michael

Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
One of us on here would rather have a Tea 6


Has PG got any tips?
PhilD

Michael wrote:
Chris M Wanted a V-10 wrote:
One of us on here would rather have a Tea 6


Has PG got any tips?


He said something about getting a monkey to help but that the first 11 were busy.

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum