Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Racing Teatray

RS3 saloon

Still want that Giulia?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news...-and-rs3-lms-racer-revealed-paris
Martin

Providing the metal trim front/rear and Quattro on the front bumper are optional, I really like that.
Twelfth Monkey

Hubba hubba.  I bet it's not far off the B7 RS4 size, too.
Martin

The S3 saloon is 445.6cm vs 458.6cm, so pretty much the same length.
Bob Sacamano

It just looks like 300lb man squeezed into a 200lb man's suit.
Racing Teatray

Bob Sacamano wrote:
It just looks like 300lb man squeezed into a 200lb man's suit.


Like the RS4 then.
Bob Sacamano

Racing Teatray wrote:
Bob Sacamano wrote:
It just looks like 300lb man squeezed into a 200lb man's suit.


Like the RS4 then.


Not like the RS4 at all. That suit fits.
Frank Bullitt

Re: RS3 saloon

Racing Teatray wrote:
Still want that Giulia?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news...-and-rs3-lms-racer-revealed-paris


I saw it flash up on a CAR email and my first thought is that you would be interested.

I cannot see a reason not to buy one if a quick saloon is your bag. I'd ove one and I'm afraid the Foggy-Four wouldn't get a look in.
JohnC

I've liked the A3 saloon since it first came out and this is just the ultimate version - lovely.
PhilD

Re: RS3 saloon

Frank Bullitt wrote:


I cannot see a reason not to buy one if a quick saloon is your bag. I'd ove one and I'm afraid the Foggy-Four wouldn't get a look in.


why not? Where's your soul and passion?  
Frank Bullitt

Re: RS3 saloon

PhilD wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:


I cannot see a reason not to buy one if a quick saloon is your bag. I'd ove one and I'm afraid the Foggy-Four wouldn't get a look in.


why not? Where's your soul and passion? †


I'm getting too old for all that.
Grampa

Re: RS3 saloon

Racing Teatray wrote:
Still want that Giulia?

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news...-and-rs3-lms-racer-revealed-paris


Clinical Audi or characterful Alfa - clearly going against the grain here, but I wouldn't even go to the Audi showroom to take a second look when presented with that choice.
Racing Teatray

I haven't driven the Giulia yet but the RS3 engine is anything but clinical.
Sav

This has to be one of the most attractive cars on sale. I prefer the look of the saloon to the hatch; I prefer saloons to hatches in general. Throw in that gorgeous-sounding five pot unit and this would be very tempting. The pricing will be interesting. The TT RS costs 10K more than the RS3 Hatch, quite excessive considering the relatively small technical differences. I really hope they donít tone down the exhaust note for the RS3, because the TT RS with the new five-pot unit just sounds epic.

However, those stupid silver bits on the front and rear bumpers would be a deal breaker. Itís a bit like the silly silver blades on the LCI M135I/140I front bumper. Just whyÖ

It is a shame that BMW hasnít got a 2-Series Gran Coupe. BMW could have rivals for Audiís and Mercedesí hot small saloons with the M240I and M2Ö.
Chip Butty

Car looks great, but those wheels are complete turd.
Grampa

Racing Teatray wrote:
I haven't driven the Giulia yet but the RS3 engine is anything but clinical.


Quite probably not, but the car it sits in is far too much so for my tastes.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

Still want that Giulia? Er, yes, thank you ...
Roadsterstu

Dr. Hfuhruhurr wrote:
Still want that Giulia? Er, yes, thank you ...


+1

Why is the RS3 limited to 150mph rather than the traditional 155? In fact, why is it limited at all? Or is it carbon related?

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum