Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
Tim

Piss poor advert

There have recently been a few best used buy articles featuring Alfa V6s.
This has resulted in a firming up of prices for 147 & 156 GTAs and the GT V6 has followed as well.

However not only is this comedian taking the piss with his price (but it's low mileage innit) his photos leave a lot to be desired

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class.../used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p
PR

The description -  

The photos -      

The price -          
Chocy Rocky

The ad says it's beige. Maybe the poor pics are to hide that.

Also, it's MOT'd...until tomorrow.
Boxer6

Not sure 'beige' was ever a colour option on GT's.

Price is a joke right enough; the picture of the drivers seat was carefully shot to avoid the worn side-bolster I reckon!

SO much wrong with this ..............
Tim

I can sort of see where he's got the price - Veloces in London are selling a 36k mile 156GTA Selespeed for £12,500 (Veloces appear to be the Hexagon of the Alfa world) but it's crazy, the next most expensive GT is £7k, with Veloces ironically.

Beige certainly wasn't the name of the colour but I've seen a few ads calling it that. It's a sort of champagne gold metallic.
Boxer6

Tim wrote:
I can sort of see where he's got the price - Veloces in London are selling a 36k mile 156GTA Selespeed for £12,500 (Veloces appear to be the Hexagon of the Alfa world) but it's crazy, the next most expensive GT is £7k, with Veloces ironically.

Beige certainly wasn't the name of the colour but I've seen a few ads calling it that. It's a sort of champagne gold metallic.


Yes, I've seen it on GT's and, I think 147's; not too bad a colour IF it's kept tidy. If not, it looks crap. (IMHO of course!)
Tim

It's on facelift 156s as well.

I prefer GTs to be black.
PhilD

Boxer6 wrote:
Tim wrote:
I can sort of see where he's got the price - Veloces in London are selling a 36k mile 156GTA Selespeed for £12,500 (Veloces appear to be the Hexagon of the Alfa world) but it's crazy, the next most expensive GT is £7k, with Veloces ironically.

Beige certainly wasn't the name of the colour but I've seen a few ads calling it that. It's a sort of champagne gold metallic.


Yes, I've seen it on GT's and, I think 147's; not too bad a colour IF it's kept tidy. If not, it looks crap. (IMHO of course!)


I new what colour he meant, and agree it's ok. But why the hell choose BEIGE as the description?!
PG

He looks like he's photographed the interior through the window. Maybe if you buy it, he'll go back and steal it for you?
PhilD

PG wrote:
He looks like he's photographed the interior through the window. Maybe if you buy it, he'll go back and steal it for you?


once he gets the steering lock off
Frank Bullitt

My mate had a GT Selespeed in that colour - metallic piss sounds even worse than beige but it's closer to the truth, can't remember the official name but links on the web suggest it was 'sand beige' but I don't think this is correct, it doesn't ring a bell.
simonp

http://sniffpetrol.com/2014/05/29...-car-not-as-stunning-as-expected/
Tim

Continuing the Alfa GT theme


http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class.../used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew?logcode=p

"Fine example, has to be seen"

Lets see the fucking thing then  
Chocy Rocky

Do you really want another of these Tim, or is it just out of interest?
Tim

I (well, we - Mrs Tim is just as bad) really want another one of these  

We came really close to buying one at the beginning of 2013 but the paedo grey leather and top-end rebuild by Arnold Clark's finest chimps put us off.
If the car had had enough fuel to take for a test drive without going via a petrol station (risky as the battery was flat) we probably would've bought it.
Twelfth Monkey

It always amuses me when there are long lists of standard equipment, there purely to try to justify the comedy pricing.  It's not cost-option stuff, and therefore adds jack shite to the asking price.
Tim

Twelfth Monkey wrote:
It always amuses me when there are long lists of standard equipment, there purely to try to justify the comedy pricing.  It's not cost-option stuff, and therefore adds jack shite to the asking price.


Yup.
Apart from the full-size spare and the aftermarket stereo there's nothing non-standard in that first one.
I see the price has already dropped £2k as well.
Twelfth Monkey

It was £12k before?!

What a buffool.
Chocy Rocky

Tim wrote:
I (well, we - Mrs Tim is just as bad) really want another one of these  

We came really close to buying one at the beginning of 2013 but the paedo grey leather and top-end rebuild by Arnold Clark's finest chimps put us off.
If the car had had enough fuel to take for a test drive without going via a petrol station (risky as the battery was flat) we probably would've bought it.


I get it, I've often felt there was 'unfinished business' with a car I'd sold. Most notably when I sold my first Puma.

Go get another, why not?
Tim

Chocy Rocky wrote:
Tim wrote:
I (well, we - Mrs Tim is just as bad) really want another one of these  

We came really close to buying one at the beginning of 2013 but the paedo grey leather and top-end rebuild by Arnold Clark's finest chimps put us off.
If the car had had enough fuel to take for a test drive without going via a petrol station (risky as the battery was flat) we probably would've bought it.


I get it, I've often felt there was 'unfinished business' with a car I'd sold. Most notably when I sold my first Puma.

Go get another, why not?


I've been keeping a look out for a while now but ideally we want a black one with red leather - they're pretty rare, to the extent that if our old one comes on the market we could end up with that (dependent on condition, etc.).
In addition we could probably do with getting rid of a car first  
Alf McQueef

Interesting that the Alfa V6's are seeing a rise in value, especially GTA's. They were always going to do this at some stage, the better ones anyway - they were genuinely feted cars in most countries. Just as a silly example, I collect Kyosho Mini Z 1/27 scale (i.e small) RC race cars, which have superb quality bodyshells, and most of the available bodies are classics like the Stratos or Miura, Le Mans racing cars, and modern supercars (I have an F40, F50, Diablo, FXX, Murcielago, NSX, Stratos, 962, and Miura, for example). They don't make that many "normal" car bodies but they do have a 156GTA saloon  

I love the Alfa 3.2 V6 - its last incarnation - fuel use aside I much prefer it to the BMW 3.0 I have now, it was much more characterful in noise and delivery and had no real downsides apart from thirst - it was tractable from silly low revs and had a superb top end too. A superb engine with a sound very close to classic Ferraris, available in some incarnations for peanuts. A late GTV with the (cheap) alfa LSD must be a steal, for example. I could be tempted if allowed to collect real cars like I do models!
Tim

I think there's been a rise in values of a lot of larger engine petrol cars. I got a pleasant surprise when I looked at used E39 M5 prices (not that I'm selling - it's a keeper   ).
Chocy Rocky

Tim wrote:
I think there's been a rise in values of a lot of larger engine petrol cars. I got a pleasant surprise when I looked at used E39 M5 prices (not that I'm selling - it's a keeper   ).


All of your's are. Aren't they?
Tim

I hope not - just the M5 and the Coupe.
I think the Stilo will be gone soon, the MOT and tax are due at the end of this month.
Tim

Continuing on the Alfa GT theme this ad has given me a crick in the neck

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class...ne-size-cars/3l_to_3-9l?logcode=p

Pity about the paedo grey leather and the fact it's wearing 18 inch alloys while the ad says 17. Can't people read?
Tim

The original subject of this thread has reappeared for sale at a more reasonable £6500 - I think it was originally on at £12k!
They're still taking shit photos though.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class...omeo/usedcars/model/gt?logcode=p#

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum