Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Grampa

New 8

I think the crease under the headlights has been poorly resolved but apart from that this likes quite good for a BMW

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news...working%20Extra%20story%20subs%20(23.02.2016)::link5_3&utm_source=20160223
Giant

I think that is a concept from a couple of years ago, which I'm sure Autocar claimed previewed the 7 series. A new 8 looking like that concept would be great, but BMW seem to be back in the pre-Bangle doldrums styling wise, i models excepted.
PG

The article pretty much states that BMW know that the 7 series can never compete with the S class. So an 8 series is required. But tyey can;t decide whether to make it a 6GC extra large, or a coupe.

Which seems to be missing the point. They just need to make the 7 series a whole lot more interesting and the 8 series as the 7 series coupe. Then all bases are covered.
Racing Teatray

The world doesn't need another fat man's fat uber-coupe.
PhilD

They should make the old one again with a new interior
Racing Teatray

PhilD wrote:
They should make the old one again with a new interior


Much better idea.
JohnC

Racing Teatray wrote:
PhilD wrote:
They should make the old one again with a new interior


Much better idea.


I agree. I see you view this in the same way as a CL! I really don't think that this car is a step forward for BMW in any sense.
Twelfth Monkey

A bit on the chintzy side, and nasty wheels.
Big Blue

Racing Teatray wrote:
The world doesn't need another fat man's fat uber-coupe.


Yes it does. One with Hybrid power and a twin turbo petrol six to complement in-wheel electric motors.
Humphrey The Pug

PhilD wrote:
They should make the old one again with a new interior


Have never understood the love for the 8 series, it just looks like a very dated product of its time that tends to be driven by hairy chested fat men trying to hold on to their youth.
Big Blue

Humphrey The Pug wrote:


Have never understood the love for the 8 series, it just looks like a very dated product of its time that tends to be driven by hairy chested fat men trying to hold on to their youth.


I've met Racing: great description
Racing Teatray

Big Blue wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:


Have never understood the love for the 8 series, it just looks like a very dated product of its time that tends to be driven by hairy chested fat men trying to hold on to their youth.


I've met Racing: great description


Roadsterstu

Racing Teatray wrote:
The world doesn't need another fat man's fat uber-coupe.


I'm just disappointed they haven't invented another niche.

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum