Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General
simonp

Jammy?

Bloke on the Audi Sport forum who has had a facelift S3 for two weeks has just been offered a straight swap for an M4 by a rich friend who bought the Beemer for their son!
Big Blue

M4?

Nah mate - wrong number.

simonp

New M3 coupe then?
Twelfth Monkey

Audi Sport forum?  I bet  that's a barrel of laughs.
simonp

It is actually. There's obviously a load of boring anoraks on there, but also some really funny mickey takers, too. I am usually in the latter camp. Lots of useful info, too if you're the sort who don't trouble thyself reading the manual.
PG

Re: Jammy?

simonp wrote:
Bloke on the Audi Sport forum who has had a facelift S3 for two weeks has just been offered a straight swap for an M4 by a rich friend who bought the Beemer for their son!


The rarified heights of people with more money than sense eh?  
simonp

Apparently the son is 18 and found the M4 a bit of a handful!
PG

simonp wrote:
Apparently the son is 18 and found the M4 a bit of a handful!


Dad really didn't think it through did he? And an S3 will be no handful as it is AWD, he thinks? I suspect said son will still wrap it round something (sadly).
PhilD

Reminds me of the M5 "kid" who launched it off the end of a runway.
JohnC

simonp wrote:
Apparently the son is 18 and found the M4 a bit of a handful!


There really should be a law to prevent such stupidity: 400+HP and RWD when he has probably only driven a 100HP FWD hatch previously!

However to admit he has found it a bit of a handful might suggest some maturity, unless the M4 has clouted a few kerbs along the way.
simonp

At least he's made a very sensible downgrade to a car with only 300-ish BHP...
PG

PhilD wrote:
Reminds me of the M5 "kid" who launched it off the end of a runway.


Good grief yes, that was quite something wasn't it.
Roadsterstu

PG wrote:
simonp wrote:
Apparently the son is 18 and found the M4 a bit of a handful!


Dad really didn't think it through did he? And an S3 will be no handful as it is AWD, he thinks? I suspect said son will still wrap it round something (sadly).


This x 1000.
PhilD

PG wrote:
PhilD wrote:
Reminds me of the M5 "kid" who launched it off the end of a runway.


Good grief yes, that was quite something wasn't it.


I have a vague recollection of a video? hopefully not.
simonp

I called him out on it today. Never provided a single photo of the car and is now saying he's traded it for another S3.

Turned out he had finance on the original Audi, the Beemer was paid for, so Beemer dad paid off the Audi finance, then somehow refinanced the M4 that he'd already paid for in the new owner's name for the same amount so they were back how they were. New owner then tells everyone on Audi forum, provides no photos, then sells car back to BMW before placing deposit on another S3. All sounds rather improbable to me...
Big Blue

Perhaps he's also got a chest full of military medals bought on eBay and "used to be HMRM SBS".
JohnC

simonp wrote:
I called him out on it today. Never provided a single photo of the car and is now saying he's traded it for another S3.

Turned out he had finance on the original Audi, the Beemer was paid for, so Beemer dad paid off the Audi finance, then somehow refinanced the M4 that he'd already paid for in the new owner's name for the same amount so they were back how they were. New owner then tells everyone on Audi forum, provides no photos, then sells car back to BMW before placing deposit on another S3. All sounds rather improbable to me...


Sounds like a 15yr old living out his car fantasies online.
simonp

Thread got deleted!

Got the bit about him selling the car slightly wrong, he has a mate selling it for him, despite the fact that he supposedly has his own dealership.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201612070410887
Nice Guy Eddie

Is it wrong that I really like the Competition pack M3/4

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> General
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum