Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
Tim

How about this?

If only it didn't have paedo grey leather

http://www.castlemotors.com/2011-...e-pack-7g-auto-ks60bau-28803.html
Michael

I'd want the face lifted car and you can get those for a few thousand more. I'm keeping an eye on these, I would like to think one could replace the D3.
Martin

That's not paedo greay leather, it's actually a quite nice colour and lifts / brightens the interior.

A facelifted car would be essential if you wanted one
Alf McQueef

That is nice, and it is better value and the 2009 ones at 25k in my book - but around this age yes the facelift is essential.

Those 19" wheels look nice but I'd want 18's for a semblance of ride quality, and lower replacment costs (the 18's are the same size as all current 3 series M Sports so common, cheap sizes).

Its a shame everyone specs drug-dealer windows these days, I can't stand them.

Generally though when it gets into the realms of 30k+ for a SH car out of warranty and a few versions out of date, I'm out. I'd rather spend more in the long run with a monthly payment on a new one, or spend much less on something older and holding its value less well.
Martin

This is a much nicer way to spend just over 30,000. I would be quite tempted if I could justify spending about 10,000 a year on petrol!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class...postcode/mk109nr/page/1?logcode=p
Alf McQueef

Martin wrote:
This is a much nicer way to spend just over 30,000. I would be quite tempted if I could justify spending about 10,000 a year on petrol!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/class...postcode/mk109nr/page/1?logcode=p


A shame there are no interior shots with that (going back to my comment on car sellers not bothering with the basics) as I don't know what the facelift XFR interiors look like...
Michael

I think the facelift interiors look a lot like the previous models in terms of style but took a lift for material quality - I think some of the buttons are black now. Shame the estate has only just been released.
Martin

Michael wrote:
I think the facelift interiors look a lot like the previous models in terms of style but took a lift for material quality - I think some of the buttons are black now. Shame the estate has only just been released.


Yes, there is a step up in interior quality and the black switches do look better, but the differences aren't easy to spot in pictures. They could have done more when they facelifted it, the dials and Nav screen for example.


Before




After

simonp

I've been to that dealership and they seem to do a range that goes from Vauxhall Corsa to Porsche 911. The cheaper stuff is all outside and when I enquired about a test drive I was told 'the keys are in the car, just take it out for a spin'!
Tim

simonp wrote:
I've been to that dealership and they seem to do a range that goes from Vauxhall Corsa to Porsche 911. The cheaper stuff is all outside and when I enquired about a test drive I was told 'the keys are in the car, just take it out for a spin'!


Trusting.

If I lived closer I'd go just for a look at the Lightning!
simonp

I thought that. The keys were just in the glovebox and you just went for an unaccompanied test drive straight off the forecourt. Most dealers will insist on the salesman driving the car to the road these days!

Course, that was 2009, so things may have changed since then.

http://themotor.myfastforum.org/about12511.html

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum