Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
gonnabuildabuggy

Friday Po** (SFW)

Lots of nice stuff here - http://www.str8six.co.uk/CAR%20SALES/page4.html
Michael

How do you calculate the cost for these? Is it a case of take the price then double to for the rebuild?
TreVoR

Str8six are expensive but they will have sorted their cars.
Nice Guy Eddie

I can't believe they want 55K for a Sargaris.

The T350 I like a lot but the Sargaris can't hide its poor build quality
PhilD

Cerbera = Yum

but my heart will always be with the Griffith.
TreVoR

Sags are silly money and they do regularly go for those amounts. The sweet spot of the T Cars is definitely the T350 and the Sagaris isn't worth the extra money.

Like Phil, I still see the Griffith as the iconic TVR. The Chimaera is a more practical package though. I would still have a 4.3 Precat Griff if I could though.
gooner

TreVoR wrote:
Sags are silly money and they do regularly go for those amounts. The sweet spot of the T Cars is definitely the T350 and the Sagaris isn't worth the extra money.

Like Phil, I still see the Griffith as the iconic TVR. The Chimaera is a more practical package though. I would still have a 4.3 Precat Griff if I could though.


For me it's the Cerbera that does it. Its one big brute of a car, but give me a Griff or Chimaera and id be more than happy.

Of the newer TVRs the original Tuscan is still my favourite, especially in the looks department. The Sagaris is crazy but I always thought it had too many vents and slats. It just looks a bit messy.
PG

For me also the Griffith and Chimaera are the best TVR's (and possibly thr Cerbera). They still look great and modern, because beauty never ages.

After that period, every TVR that followed was too far off-piste.
Martin

Griffith for me. I always wanted a TVR and remember being quite disappointed when my dad bought a Boxster rather than a brand new Chimera.  I wouldn't buy one now, but I'm glad others do.
Giant

The Griffith was always visually ruined by the boxy cavalier lights, the fiesta lights suited the Cerbera and Chimaera far better.

The Cerbera is THE TVR for me, the extra length over the visually similar Chimaera accentuates the low roof and curves. The Sagaris is my favourite of the last generation, was never keen on the Tuscon for some reason
gonnabuildabuggy

Martin wrote:
Griffith for me. I always wanted a TVR and remember being quite disappointed when my dad bought a Boxster rather than a brand new Chimera.  I wouldn't buy one now, but I'm glad others do.


Griffith for me too.

However I would be happy to buy a Chimera, indeed it's "on the list" as it ticks the V8 and Convertible boxes but not unfortunately until the kids leave home.

I'm pondering if it will fit in my garage as one of my neighbours used to own one but his garage always looked very bare in the way mine is not.

After the SS on Sunday, I'm also fancying the Tuscan with a removable hardtop.
PhilD

Giant wrote:
The Griffith was always visually ruined by the boxy cavalier lights


I think “ruined” is a bit strong! a pimple on an otherwise beautiful face.
Mark

Always been the Cerbera for me - but after reading the ownership tales on here of lesser models I wouldn't even remotely consider it anymore.
gonnabuildabuggy

Mark wrote:
Always been the Cerbera for me - but after reading the ownership tales on here of lesser models I wouldn't even remotely consider it anymore.


I was thinking Mark's would be the one to buy  
Matt

The grey Cerbera would suit me lovely.
TreVoR

gonnabuildabuggy wrote:
Mark wrote:
Always been the Cerbera for me - but after reading the ownership tales on here of lesser models I wouldn't even remotely consider it anymore.


I was thinking Mark's would be the one to buy  


I wouldn't let my issues put you off. I was unlucky.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

gonnabuildabuggy wrote:
Mark wrote:
Always been the Cerbera for me - but after reading the ownership tales on here of lesser models I wouldn't even remotely consider it anymore.


I was thinking Mark's would be the one to buy  

Beat me to it. Currently the best-sorted TVR in the universe. Probably.
Roadsterstu

How come the time on your post is at the end of March??

Why was Wednesday 19th April and yet today, Friday, is 18th??

What's going on?!
Boxer6

Roadsterstu wrote:
How come the time on your post is at the end of March??

Why was Wednesday 19th April and yet today, Friday, is 18th??

What's going on?!


Ummm …… that was posted in March mate! ;)

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Classified Information
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum