Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> The Lounge
Parm

F1 2010

Anyone got it? I received my copy yesterday. So far, pretty impressed. Graphics are good (although not as good as what I've seen of GT5) and gameplay is pretty challenging. Got stuck straight into career node and managed to finish 8th in qualifying for Bahrain.  I'm crap at driving games at the best of times, so I thought that was pretty good going. Onto the race tonight ;-)
Matt

Did you have an automatic update when you first loaded it up?

There's a glitch when pitting that makes you wait until all other cars have left the pit lane before the game releases your own car, losing your race position.
Parm

No update, but my PS3 wasn't connected to my WiFi yesterday - so that's probably why. I'll check tonight...
him

How does it play? All the videos I have seen of it running show a "static" car in the centre of the screen, and the background moving relative to it...

...still I expect it is better than the WRC 2010 Demo I tried last night!
Matt

Oh, is the WRC game not up to scratch? After how silly Dirt became, I was hoping for some classic rally action, like McRae's games on PS1.
him

I didn't like it, I am going to try it again last night... it was only after the 2nd play that I figured out how to turn off all the "assists",   it defaults to auto-everything!  (You have to go into game settings before starting the game, they can't be changed once you start?)  

The graphics are also pretty poor IMO, and it suffers from extreme "glass tunnel" syndrome, whereby even a small (5m?) excursion from the track results in the game resetting your position onto the centre of the track.

I was disappointed, but like you I "need" a decent rally game, so will give it another chance.
Parm

The in cockpit view does feel a little static, but the "over the helmet" view, which I prefer, is much more dynamic and give you a better view of the track.

Bharain is a dull, featureless circuit, so first impressions of the graphics were poor, but when I tried Monaco, it looked much, much better. I tried Singapore too, and I was disappointed with the complete lack of reflections on the car - maybe that would have been too distracting, but it gives an odd impression when driving under lights.
Parm

I believe GT5 wil have a rallying element.
Tim

I watched some WRC coverage recently and they were getting moist about how good the forthcoming rally game would be.
Matt

I suppose they have to be, but one of the 360 magazines said it felt like an old McRae game, so they were either being paid or don't have a clue by the sound of it.
him

...I tried it again earlier, and forgot to mention earlier the single most annoying part of the game, the "Co-drivers" voice and dialogue!  
Humphrey The Pug

Picked up F1 2010 last week.

I'm a tad dissapointed TBH, the problems I've encountered with it are:

1. Pit stops take an absolute age and for no particular reason, I was stationary in the pits for 13 seconds yesterday, which completely screwed my race and there was no reason for it.
2. Damage, I can smack the wall hard enough to destroy the car and the only thing that comes off is my front wing.
3. The HRT's shouldn't be running in 8th place in the first lap, or ever TBH.
4. I'm in an STR and I can qualify easily in fifth and end up second or first and be pulling away by lap two.
5. Playing yesterday I was informed by my "engineer" that a Ferrari was entering the pits, as I crossed the start finish line Massa was infront of me and Alonso was leading, ehh hold on I though one of them was in the pits!!

The above is what I've discovered so far, I'm sure there will be more glitches.

However the tracks are very realistic as are the look of the cars and I do particularly like it when they pan the starting grid.
Humphrey The Pug

Matt wrote:
Did you have an automatic update when you first loaded it up?
There's a glitch when pitting that makes you wait until all other cars have left the pit lane before the game releases your own car, losing your race position.


No update for me, I'm using a 360, and I have encountered that problem.
Tim

Most of the games for the 360 seem to require an update when you get them - even if they're just out.

I'm always amused that when you start Forza 3 the first thing it does is save.  
Matt

I always exit to that screen before I send the console back to the dashboard because someone said the console is running at its slowest on the Mode select screen and helps against any potential RRoD problems.

I saw a list of at least 50 glitches on the official Codies page for this game. A proper cock-up, simply to beat GT to market, it seems.
Humphrey The Pug

Matt wrote:
I always exit to that screen before I send the console back to the dashboard because someone said the console is running at its slowest on the Mode select screen and helps against any potential RRoD problems.

I saw a list of at least 50 glitches on the official Codies page for this game. A proper cock-up, simply to beat GT to market, it seems.


I do hope it gets sorted, am I able to return the game if not satisfied, I purchased from GAME?

*edit* I can't return it unless faulty, just checked their website.
PhilD

Humphrey The Pug wrote:
Picked up F1 2010 last week.

I'm a tad dissapointed TBH, the problems I've encountered with it are:

1. Pit stops take an absolute age and for no particular reason, I was stationary in the pits for 13 seconds yesterday, which completely screwed my race and there was no reason for it.
2. Damage, I can smack the wall hard enough to destroy the car and the only thing that comes off is my front wing.
3. The HRT's shouldn't be running in 8th place in the first lap, or ever TBH.
4. I'm in an STR and I can qualify easily in fifth and end up second or first and be pulling away by lap two.
5. Playing yesterday I was informed by my "engineer" that a Ferrari was entering the pits, as I crossed the start finish line Massa was infront of me and Alonso was leading, ehh hold on I though one of them was in the pits!!

The above is what I've discovered so far, I'm sure there will be more glitches.

However the tracks are very realistic as are the look of the cars and I do particularly like it when they pan the starting grid.



ah, but the key question is...did you get a manual?
Humphrey The Pug

PhilD wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
Picked up F1 2010 last week.

I'm a tad dissapointed TBH, the problems I've encountered with it are:

1. Pit stops take an absolute age and for no particular reason, I was stationary in the pits for 13 seconds yesterday, which completely screwed my race and there was no reason for it.
2. Damage, I can smack the wall hard enough to destroy the car and the only thing that comes off is my front wing.
3. The HRT's shouldn't be running in 8th place in the first lap, or ever TBH.
4. I'm in an STR and I can qualify easily in fifth and end up second or first and be pulling away by lap two.
5. Playing yesterday I was informed by my "engineer" that a Ferrari was entering the pits, as I crossed the start finish line Massa was infront of me and Alonso was leading, ehh hold on I though one of them was in the pits!!

The above is what I've discovered so far, I'm sure there will be more glitches.

However the tracks are very realistic as are the look of the cars and I do particularly like it when they pan the starting grid.



ah, but the key question is...did you get a manual?


Yes I did!!
PhilD

Humphrey The Pug wrote:
PhilD wrote:
Humphrey The Pug wrote:
Picked up F1 2010 last week.

I'm a tad dissapointed TBH, the problems I've encountered with it are:

1. Pit stops take an absolute age and for no particular reason, I was stationary in the pits for 13 seconds yesterday, which completely screwed my race and there was no reason for it.
2. Damage, I can smack the wall hard enough to destroy the car and the only thing that comes off is my front wing.
3. The HRT's shouldn't be running in 8th place in the first lap, or ever TBH.
4. I'm in an STR and I can qualify easily in fifth and end up second or first and be pulling away by lap two.
5. Playing yesterday I was informed by my "engineer" that a Ferrari was entering the pits, as I crossed the start finish line Massa was infront of me and Alonso was leading, ehh hold on I though one of them was in the pits!!

The above is what I've discovered so far, I'm sure there will be more glitches.

However the tracks are very realistic as are the look of the cars and I do particularly like it when they pan the starting grid.



ah, but the key question is...did you get a manual?


Yes I did!!


Thankgod  

So now then, back to your points. No.5. Your engineer you say? "The Ferraris are faster than you" - I don't understand that message?
Humphrey The Pug

Bloody hell, Monaco.

I was playing F1 yesterday and completed only a handful of laps as the rest were spent in the wall, it's bloody impossible, and those few that I did complete were shit times.

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> The Lounge
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum