Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
PhilD

Bruce has traded his LaFerrari already

and got himself one of these:

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/17980/a...001-the-ultimate-supercar-is-here

Though he'll have to leave the batsuit behind and drive in just his batpants as there doesn't appear to be a lot of room inside.

This thing is crazy and may move the game on like the F1 did 25 years ago.


Martin

If it delivers on what I've read, it will be an astonishing thing.  Apparently it will be quicker round a lap than an F1 car!! I think Jethro said that means it would be 40 secs quicker around Spa than a One:1......
Tim

Martin wrote:
If it delivers on what I've read it'll be a tragic waste as it's only going to be used as an investment device by 99% of owners


FYP.

It's the whole problem I have with these cars  
simonp

Believe it when I see it. It's nearly all Red Bull, so why do they need AM? For the badge?
PhilD

Martin wrote:
If it delivers on what I've read, it will be an astonishing thing.  Apparently it will be quicker round a lap than an F1 car!! I think Jethro said that means it would be 40 secs quicker around Spa than a One:1......


+1.  Be positive, enjoy life, enjoy cars!
Martin

Whether it's used properly or put into storage, it will still be an astonishing thing!  I agree that hiding it away would be such a waste, but nothing they can do about that.
PhilD

Martin wrote:
Whether it's used properly or put into storage, it will still be an astonishing thing!  I agree that hiding it away would be such a waste, but nothing they can do about that.


100-124 being made. 99% means we will only see one or two... I reckon it will be a few more.
Tim

PhilD wrote:
Martin wrote:
Whether it's used properly or put into storage, it will still be an astonishing thing!  I agree that hiding it away would be such a waste, but nothing they can do about that.


100-124 being made. 99% means we will only see one or two... I reckon it will be a few more.


I'm sure they'll be seen about the place - in Tom Hartley Jnrs puddle (check out their adverts for that to make sense ) and occasionally they'll be seen cruising at some expensive car gathering but the likelihood of anybody ever getting passed by a dirty one being driven on a normal road is probably zero  
PhilD

Tim wrote:
PhilD wrote:
Martin wrote:
Whether it's used properly or put into storage, it will still be an astonishing thing!  I agree that hiding it away would be such a waste, but nothing they can do about that.


100-124 being made. 99% means we will only see one or two... I reckon it will be a few more.


I'm sure they'll be seen about the place - in Tom Hartley Jnrs puddle (check out their adverts for that to make sense ) and occasionally they'll be seen cruising at some expensive car gathering but the likelihood of anybody ever getting passed by a dirty one being driven on a normal road is probably zero  


If anyone will it will be Humph or Franki I imagine!
Alf McQueef

How can it be quicker than a much lighter, cutting edge, single seater around a track? Seems a bit unlikely.

If ground effect aerodynamics are that good, they should allow F1 and sports cars to use them, the cars look so much nicer and cleaner, it would be a great way of revamping F1, which has for me become pretty dull. Imagine the upset of the established order that suddenly allowing this sort of car would cause.
JohnC

Alf McQueef wrote:
How can it be quicker than a much lighter, cutting edge, single seater around a track? Seems a bit unlikely.

If ground effect aerodynamics are that good, they should allow F1 and sports cars to use them, the cars look so much nicer and cleaner, it would be a great way of revamping F1, which has for me become pretty dull. Imagine the upset of the established order that suddenly allowing this sort of car would cause.


I agree but I seem to remember that one of the worries about ground effect cars was the danger of hitting a kerb, a bump or another car and suddenly the ground effect no longer works, sending the car off into the scenery at warp speed.

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum