Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Your Motor
gonnabuildabuggy

And we're back in the room

Well, fingers crossed that they severe front end handling problem (inability to go round roundabouts at more than 20mph without the front end understeering badly with corresponding very loud noise) has been solved by replacing a rear tyre which had a slow puncture.

The symptoms didn't tally with the issue at the rear but the garage have checked all the front end bushes and suspension, and changed the rear tyre and all seems OK again.

That means the rush to get a replacement has gone away for the moment.

My attempts at car shopping with the wife proved unfruitful as she just wasn't interested, her exact words were "get whatever you want" and more to the point when I discussed budget it was "spent what you like, you never do".

So free reign, but still clueless on what's best.

The FRV filled it's role as a parts ferrier perfectly on Friday night, fitting in two full sets of wheels/tyres plus a couple of MX5s seats to.

That's a rare need but a useful ability to have.

The only decision is that I'm going to invest in sorting the MX5 suspension over the winter and get coilovers fitted. The fact that every single nut will be rusted solid means getting someone to do it.[/b]
Roadsterstu

Just make a decision, man!
gonnabuildabuggy

Roadsterstu wrote:
Just make a decision, man!


"If you don't know what to do, Do nothing" is the adage that works for me.

We've got a lot of flux in our finances over the next 18 months or so, so I don't want to spend big and then regret it.

Neither is there any point in just getting something cheap for the sake of it if I can easily afford something nicer.

Big Little GBB leaving home will be the big shift in our needs.

This also helps justify MX5 spending. Much as I want to DIY for it, tempted to chuck it at specialist and get clutch slave cylinder, timing belt and gearbox/differential oil changes done and that should see me through for the next 5 yrs.
gooner

If nothing floats your boat right now, just leave it. No point spending now on something that's ok and then 6 months later kicking yourself when something you really want comes along but you can't have it.
PG

Re: And we're back in the room

gonnabuildabuggy wrote:
My attempts at car shopping with the wife proved unfruitful as she just wasn't interested, her exact words were "get whatever you want" and more to the point when I discussed budget it was "spent what you like, you never do".

So free reign, but still clueless on what's best.


My experience tells me that to a woman "do whatever you want" does not mean the same as it does to a man.  
gonnabuildabuggy

Very true. I won't be ordering a brand new SQ5.

Fortunately she knows me well and trusts I won't squander our cash unnecessarily.
Bob Sacamano

I followed a brand new SQ5 on the A19 the other day and it looked weird. When I got alongside I realised that they'd dropped the suspension. It looked like a kind of frumpy hatchback/estate hybrid.
Roadsterstu

Re: And we're back in the room

PG wrote:
gonnabuildabuggy wrote:
My attempts at car shopping with the wife proved unfruitful as she just wasn't interested, her exact words were "get whatever you want" and more to the point when I discussed budget it was "spent what you like, you never do".

So free reign, but still clueless on what's best.


My experience tells me that to a woman "do whatever you want" does not mean the same as it does to a man.  


So true.
Dr. Hfuhruhurr

Re: And we're back in the room

Roadsterstu wrote:
PG wrote:
gonnabuildabuggy wrote:
My attempts at car shopping with the wife proved unfruitful as she just wasn't interested, her exact words were "get whatever you want" and more to the point when I discussed budget it was "spent what you like, you never do".

So free reign, but still clueless on what's best.


My experience tells me that to a woman "do whatever you want" does not mean the same as it does to a man.  


So true.

Indeed, it's like "what's wrong?" "nothing"
Roadsterstu

Or the dreaded, "It's fine."

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Your Motor
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum