Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Racing Posts
Chris M Wanted a V-10

Abu Dhabi - the controversy starts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30161617
Red Bull cars declared illegal.
Will they start from the back, or retain their grid positions and race under appeal/protest ?
Humphrey The Pug

They have been excluded from qualifying, not sure if they have to start from the back or the pit lane though.
gooner

I don't understand how a car deemed to be illegal can be excluded from qualifying yet be allowed to race. The punishment suggests they're in breach of regulations and so gave gained an unfair advantage, but the stewards are happy to let then carry that unfair advantage in to the race.
Humphrey The Pug

gooner wrote:
I don't understand how a car deemed to be illegal can be excluded from qualifying yet be allowed to race. The punishment suggests they're in breach of regulations and so gave gained an unfair advantage, but the stewards are happy to let then carry that unfair advantage in to the race.


They can't carry the unfair advantage into the race as they have to change the wing and start from the back/pit lane, however from what I've read elsewhere, it seems that Red Bull were blatantly cheating due to the design of the wing and therefore; I believe, they should be excluded from the race.
simonp

They won't be last, though, as Grosjean got a 20 place drop and he only qualified 16th, so he'll be 36th on the grid!
Big Blue

4 or 5 Years too late.  RBR have been flexing their front wing for years.
simonp

Anyone know why the Williams cars had no red bit in the Martini stripes? Assuming it's the alcohol thing, but surely they just need to remove the name?
Giant

simonp wrote:
Anyone know why the Williams cars had no red bit in the Martini stripes?


I'd guess because Abu Dhabi is a dry state so alcohol advertising is banned?
Humphrey The Pug

simonp wrote:
Anyone know why the Williams cars had no red bit in the Martini stripes?


Alcohol advertising I believe, alcohol is illegal in Abu Dhabi; ish!!
simonp

That just occurred to me after they were spraying fizzy water on the podium.
Humphrey The Pug

simonp wrote:
That just occurred to me after they were spraying fizzy water on the podium.


I bet that wasn't that fizzy water stuff in the clear plastic cups being dished out in the Mercedes garage though!

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Racing Posts
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum