Archive for The Motor Forum "We are mature men in the highest cadres of our careers"
 


       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Grampa

A Retro step too far?

http://www.gizmag.com/bmw-isetta-microlino-ev/42442/
Frank Bullitt

Want one.

Father-in-law had an original, I it hadn't been written off in a fire it would be worth a bloody fortune now!
Chris M Wanted a V-10

I'd rather have a Ka.....
Bob Sacamano

Why, just why? It brings nothing new to the table, looks ridiculous, doesn't look safe, and is bloody expensive for what it delivers? Crackpot idea.
TreVoR

Can't see the appeal.
Andy C

TreVoR wrote:
Can't see the appeal.


Me neither
Michael

There's a Californian company converting VW campers to electric, they cost a fortune.
PhilD

Michael wrote:
There's a Californian company converting VW campers to electric, they cost a fortune.


I can see the appeal in that, but I'm struggling to see where I could use the bubble car. Holiday car maybe, has it got aircon?
Big Blue

Bubble car is form over function. It looks cool but most small cars would do everything it does better.

I'd have one.
Roadrunner

Looks like a fun and fashionable city commuter car and well suited to the role. I like it.
Bob Sacamano

Quote:
Technically both are classified as an L7e motorized quadricycle, which means you pay less tax and don't have to meet the same stringent safety standards as regular cars.


Nope. I'm out. "Retro" as in retrograde step as far as I'm concerned.
PhilD

Roadrunner wrote:
Looks like a fun and fashionable city commuter car and well suited to the role. I like it.


Which city would that be? I'd feel safer on a bike in London!
PG

Andy C wrote:
TreVoR wrote:
Can't see the appeal.


Me neither


Nor me.

For that money you could buy a lightly used Leaf or Zoe. And get things like crash protection thrown in.
JohnC

Always remember my Dad telling me that he lent his motorbike to a friend for the weekend and got to use the friends Bubble Car in exchange.

He quickly lost his interest in a roof over his head when the rear wheel got stuck in a tram rail and he rolled it. He called it a death trap. However his brother (my Uncle) went on to design and develop the 3 wheeled "blue plastic pigs" which were used by the disabled.
Frank Bullitt

Bob Sacamano wrote:
Quote:
Technically both are classified as an L7e motorized quadricycle, which means you pay less tax and don't have to meet the same stringent safety standards as regular cars.


Nope. I'm out. "Retro" as in retrograde step as far as I'm concerned.


Yes, having read the article rather than just looked at the headlines and piccies this is simply a more fashionable G-Whiz thingy.

Perhaps not on this occasion then
Roadsterstu

JohnC wrote:
Always remember my Dad telling me that he lent his motorbike to a friend for the weekend and got to use the friends Bubble Car in exchange.

He quickly lost his interest in a roof over his head when the rear wheel got stuck in a tram rail and he rolled it. He called it a death trap. However his brother (my Uncle) went on to design and develop the 3 wheeled "blue plastic pigs" which were used by the disabled.


The Invacar?
Twelfth Monkey

I seem to recall them having a rather less charitable nickname!
Roadsterstu

Twelfth Monkey wrote:
I seem to recall them having a rather less charitable nickname!


Erm, yes. The colour forever being known as "**** ******* Blue", as a result.
Twelfth Monkey

Assuming your asterisks match letters, I think you are right!
Bob Sacamano

JohnC wrote:

He quickly lost his interest in a roof over his head when the rear wheel got stuck in a tram rail and he rolled it. He called it a death trap. However his brother (my Uncle) went on to design and develop the 3 wheeled "blue plastic pigs" which were used by the disabled.


A bloke tried to sell one of those to my brother for use as a golf buggy. He nearly got away with it as well.

       The Motor Forum Forum Index -> Read All About It
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum